Inland Canal Cargo Vessel - JUMATOIS

(They do sell some that actually fly too!)
Neons
Site Admin

Inland Canal Cargo Vessel - JUMATOIS

Post by Neons »

Here is an interesting inland canal cargo vessel stil in use in Europe and in England. This appears to be French, They are shallow draft with long and narrow beams. I see many of these today are converted to carrying passengers or live aboard families. There are some related interesting links in the Pdf. I spent some time on this cleaning this plan up. After you open the Tif Pdf below scroll down for some photos that are also helpful.
846991P1200773.jpg
Attachments
239251P1200775.jpg
755578P1200844.jpg
Bob Pacheco
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Inland Canal Cargo Vessel - JUMATOIS Plans

Post by Neons »

The Ltr. tiles are set for about 40 inches with the use of letter paper printout. Just match the edge overlap and tap or paste them together.. The Tif files are smaller to build around 36inches. A tif format is sharper and it can be enlarged for a larger vessel. The vessel beam would not be very wide with a 36in. model. I think a vessel about 50 inches long similar to the photos would be more practical because the vessel would be heavier loaded and handle the wind better.. The links to the foreign sites can be converted to English with a free online translator like Yandex, Google, or Bing. etc.

The plan I printed produce a 50"long x 3.5" draft. Deck to bottom 4,5" Wheel house roof to bottom 10.5". I think the best build of the hull is a foam plug with epoxy glass cloth. I think my preference would be foam molded with wood lined cargo hold. I would use a couple layers of 0.75oz, glass and painted with polyurethane waterbase paint. It makes a nice skin and fairly strong after some cure time.

An example video of an updated similar ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-QP8vVMVE
Attachments
Jumetois-Tiles Ltr.pdf
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 329 times
Jumetois Tif plan-links pics.pdf
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 324 times
Jumetois- Plan Redo.jpg
Jumetois- Printed 28 shts. Plans 50in.jpg
Bob Pacheco