Show us your multi-rotors!!

Multi-Copter Projects - as if one spinning blade wasn't enough fun
HitNRun

Re: Show us your multi-rotors!!

Post by HitNRun »

It's been quiet around here for too long. ;)

So, if there's anyone interested in some quadcopter flying at U-Mass tomorrow (Sunday the 23rd) around 11am... Carlos, his son and myself, will be there flying quads for a couple of hours if anyone cares to join us.

The more, the merrier.. right!? 8-)
Last edited by HitNRun on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

I am assuming you mean Sunday 23rd 11AM or maybe 12. I did the Wingbusters Swap Meet today and bought a plane and loads of gear. If the wind is out I may show down there. Not sure which field to go too though. I will ask others also if they want to go.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Thanks for the correction. I edited my last post. :oops:
And from what weather.com says, we're looking at about 11 to 12mph winds, so not too bad at all.

As for the field.... it will be at the same field we flew at in the UMASS event that the club has.
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Where do you park? I do not think we can park where we flew up the far end of that field.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we'll have to park in the nearest parking lot, and do a little healthy walking.
If you decide to come, give Carlos's cellphone a ring and we'll get to the specifics on parking.
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

I have flown in the field near the track and parked right there within 100 ft. Where we flew before at the event area there was a dirt road near the event field. I do not think we can park there. I personally do not care to lug my stuff around. Chris, mike, Jeff. and others are going to the club field. If the SMU field is a hardship I will only drop by.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

I'll talk to Carlos when he gets here. Maybe we'll all just go fly at the club field instead.
Makes sense to gather in ONE place, than two places. :D
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

The club field is a mess the last I went. Gary said it was muddy and geese crap. Maybe not too muddy today. It is cool so it wont be a long flight session anyway. Have him call to finaliize.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Well, on the bright side, the field got plenty of free fertilizer, hahahaha. :lol:

Now we just need to give it a "spring cleaning" and tidy up a bit once the ground isn't so mushy with all the precipitation, keeping the water table excessively high.

I'll make sure Carlos gives you a ring once we all gather up in about a half hour. I'm just eating some late breakfast and expecting them around 11:30am.
I think we'll be sticking with the UMASS plan though. I want Carlos to only be thinking about his quad and not other club members watching him. I want to keep distraction factors to a minimum. ;)
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

OK , leaving shortly for 12 noon.
Bob Pacheco