101" SU-26 Sukhoi - 100cc Electric Conversion

Discuss & share your electric-powered airplane projects here!
tomapowa

Re: 101" SU-26 Sukhoi - 100cc Electric Conversion

Post by tomapowa »

Thanks Bob... should be PLENTY of engine I'm thinking! ;)

Here's a bunch of other build pics I've taken in the past... this baby should be ready in a few weeks I'm hoping (just have wing servos installation/setup to complete)
Attachments
IMG_4081.jpg
IMG_4072.JPG
IMG_4096.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4031.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

4 -5800mah 3s tied togethe. Big 8awg silicon wires, mega Anderson plugs. Great equipment well beyond anything I ever used, This is one very costly model. I guess I am a very conservitive builder compared to this. Great work and well thought out build you have done.
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Neons wrote:4 -5800mah 3s tied togethe. Big 8awg silicon wires, mega Anderson plugs. Great equipment well beyond anything I ever used, This is one very costly model. I guess I am a very conservitive builder compared to this. Great work and well thought out build you have done.
Thanks Bob!
Actually, it's four 6s (not 3s) packs (5800maH each) :o Eventually, I plan to use four 6s 5800maH packs for propulsion, and two seprate 3000maH 2s packs for powering the receiver/servos (those you might had seen in one of the pics (one each side of the plane). With four 6s packs, I'm figuring around 28 pounds! :shock:
Price isn't all too bad actually... did lots or research... overall, probably a little cheaper than going gas (ie 100cc twin) - granted the prop alone cost $160 :cry:
I plan to make it's maiden in a week or two... and plan to use only two 6s packs vice 4 (12s, 5800maH instead of 12s, 11,600maH)... I want a light maiden, though it'll be a short maiden too.
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Tom,
This is one impressive plane. Great pictures and demos. I am very impressed with your work. This will be a mist see some day.Thanks for the great posts.
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Neons wrote:Tom,
This is one impressive plane. Great pictures and demos. I am very impressed with your work. This will be a mist see some day.Thanks for the great posts.
Thanks Bob! From what I heard from a few BCRCC members this past Sat... I might not be able to fly this at the BCRCC field unfortunately due to it's size, etc... Once I get the CG figured out and the battery box in place, I plan to maiden her this coming weekend at my other club field in Tiverton. Once I see what the flight envelope is (how it flies, take-off/landing requirements) I might be able to better judge if it can fly at the BCRCC field... time will tell! Regardless, I'll be sure to get the maiden on vid and post it here.
ccosta
Site Admin

Post by ccosta »

I like nitro a lot. I own at least 8 planes from them. When are you going to fly it? Let me know when we get togethor this week for build nite.
Carlos
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Will do Carlos... maybe Wednesday... looks free so far...

I'm still fuguring out the CG on this beast... borrowed a huge plane balancer from a flying buddy today and determined that I need to scoot my batteries behind (towards tail) the main wingtube instead of in front of it as I had hoped... O well... I now need to move the receiver, regulator, etc... back a bit... what a pain! Hoping to maiden it next weekend down the Tiverton field if I complete the modifications. I might also order new batteries for this plane... instead of using four 6s packs (5800mah), I'm hoping to use 2 6s packs, but on the order of 7-8000maH. Should give me 7-9 minute strong flights.
chistech

Post by chistech »

Looks great Tom, is that your field in Tiverton?

T
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Yes it is Ted... they are in the process of switching the pits to the other side of the field... soon to be more an afternoon flying club rather than a morning... then again, I'm lucky to have gone down 4-5 times this year. :?

If you can, post on here if you plan to head down to the BCRCC field next week/weekend... I still yet to see or fly at the field... ashamed to say... :oops:
chistech

Post by chistech »

Hi Tom,
I am planning to get down to the field. I am currently looking in the Westport area for another field to be a second field for our club. We need a club for larger aircraft and earlier flying in the morning. Hopefully we can either expand the membership or possibly take in another club. I will let you know when I'm going down. I got a few planes to fly including that 1/4 cub on the pond. Gerry almost has all the painting done, can't wait to see it.
T
Ted Brito