Seawind for Floatfly

Discuss & share your electric-powered airplane projects here!
ccosta
Site Admin

Re: Seawind for Floatfly

Post by ccosta »

Tom,
This week when we get togethor I need to make sure the 4 Biplanes I have put togethor are trimmed and ready for flight. Time permitting I still have the new fuselage to finish on the PBY Catalina.
See you this week. Generally Wednesday or Fridays are better.
Carlos
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Carlos,
Thanks, I am not decided yet if I will show up at the pond at this time. If I do I will bring the plane. The canopy was cut 1/2inch to short and it presents a problem as to what to do to fix it. I can add a piece but it will never be right. Ed needs 2 pairs of magnets for the canopy and one smaller pair for the top hatch. Make 2 flat plastic Lexan or plywood white enameled for covers where the tail servos are located and add tiny scews for it. it can also be used for the Goldenrod cable exits. You will save a couple oz. from tail weight which is really substantial considering you would have to double it with nose weight to get the CG down.
Bob Pacheco
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Carlos,
I have finished the canopy. It was a canopy from hell. I think that Nitro Planes should have given you another one. I moved it forward and the back was off 3/8" and I moved it back and the front was off. I had to compromise to save as much plastic edges as possible. I had to add a small piece in the lower ront edge as seen in the picture. To make matters worse, the whole stbd. edge was paper thin from the vacuum form that it was like a washboard. I had to put in long clear plastic with clamps to help stiffen and straighten the edge out flatter. It was a nightmare. You never would have got it done. I also got the top hatch mounted with a lip and 1 screw. Glad to see this one go. At least the worst is done. Shame on Nitro Planes for letting such crap accesories out the door.
Attachments
5-25-12 Seawind Canopy Frame (3).jpg
Bob Pacheco