Electrified CMPro BF-109F Messerschmitt Warbird...

Discuss & share your electric-powered airplane projects here!
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Electrified CMPro BF-109F Messerschmitt Warbird...

Post by Neons »

That should be a nice flyer. Looks good. Ted has the Horizon Me-109 with a motor I recommended and it flys good.
Bob Pacheco
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

That is a great kit and a nice size. I like the glass fuselage. I would like to see that and the big Mitsubishi Zero A6M5 fly someday. I built that model in a slightly smaller size all scratch. I have the Bf 109- G-6 version. I never did fly it though. Too pretty.
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Thx Bob... I myself would love to see the Zero fly once again... after it's last hard landing (OK, crash!)... I bought a new kit just for the wing I damaged... maybe I'll get working on it again in the upcoming months, time will tell. ;)
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Havve not seen you much since last winter. Have you been flying? How are the warbirds doing?
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Neons wrote:Havve not seen you much since last winter. Have you been flying? How are the warbirds doing?
Hey Bob!...
Yeh, I need to retire like you guys! ;) 5 yrs and counting...

Actually, I have in fact been working on the BF-109F Wings at least... all 6 servos and 2 retracts worth... ;)
L/R Ailerons, Flaps and split drag brakes... got all the mechanics sorted out, including a custom electric retract tail-wheel.
Just need to sort out mechanics in fuselage (2 servos for rudder and elevator)... then get figure out where to mount batteries for good CG (looking like right over wing tube which would be cool)

I'll try to post a few more pics soon... it's going to be a pretty plane when finished... nice detail out of the box.
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

a few pics...
Attachments
IMG_4147.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Looks great. I forgot what Bf-109G series that actually started to have a retract tail wheel. The earlier Fritz was fixed. Probably after the Gustav G-6 series. They had planned on full wheel covers also to grab a bit more speed too. It was already to late.
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Neons wrote:Looks great. I forgot what Bf-109G series that actually started to have a retract tail wheel. The earlier Fritz was fixed. Probably after the Gustav G-6 series. They had planned on full wheel covers also to grab a bit more speed too. It was already to late.
Thanks Bob...
Supposedly, the "F" versions were fitted with semi-retractable tailwheels... The last production G-2s were fitted with the enlarged mainwheels and tailwheel (no retractable tailwheel due to lack of room) while the first of the G-4s used the smaller wheels with tailwheel retract. All K-4s were to be fitted with a longer retractable tailwheel ... and I think I read all A through D variants were fixed tailwheels.

Here's a quick vid... ;)

Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Very nice setup. I watch that retract and I visualize retracts for a Grumman Goose type or PBY fuselage retracts. Of course they would be larger and the wheels facing 90 degrees to the opposite, It would make a nice amphibian setup in jumbo size..
Bob Pacheco