What's on your bench??

Discuss & share your glow-powered airplane projects here!
Blip

What's on your bench??

Post by Blip »

Great Planes ARF Extra 300s that I aquired from my dad.Neighbor passed on and had hanging from ceiling.Saito FA-80 four stroke was removed,fixed and bench run.Any thing that could be unbolted,removed was and replaced.New Spektrum reciever and fixing the cracks in the cowl is what I have left to do aside from the programing.Plane is solid,look foward to flying it .
Attachments
All Bunch 041.jpg
D.M.L.
chistech

Re: What's on your bench??

Post by chistech »

Gee, what don't I have on the bench!LOL Still working on a Ziroli designed P47 and when the Skyraider comes out of the paint shop, I'll be working on it. That will need the radio gear, engine, fuel tank, and all workings installed including the custom made electric rotating gear. It's a kit from the 70's with an old school Enya 46c
Attachments
Kyosho Skyraider 054.jpg
Kyosho Skyraider 014.jpg
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Awesome Ted!... love the electric retracts.
Actually, I designed a set a few years back for my 1/4 scale A6M5 Zero... I basically modified a set of Robart retracts such to use a custom jackscrew mechanism... worked excellent until a landed a bit too hard one day and pushed both retracts up through the wing... Ug...

I started a new post about those retracts here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35
Blip

Post by Blip »

Skyraider looks good.That aluminum cowl is a first for me. :shock:
D.M.L.
chistech

Post by chistech »

Tom, I sent you a PM on your actuators. Don, this is an old Kyosho kit which I think was probably made by Maratuka. That is the same company who made the Royal line of warbird kits which also had the nice spun aluminum cowls. Right now Gerry has it and it's going to get an old school paint job as it is an old school kit with an old school power plant. It should really be different. Hope it flies well. Maiden is scheduled for next spring.
Ted Brito
chistech

Post by chistech »

Also working on my VQ P39 Aircobra. This bird flies great but not retracts or provisions for them. I am changing that and it should be ready to go soon. Nose gear is in and slick as Sh@T! Just got to put the two mains in the wing and it will be done. Gear legs are real short and the tires will just clear the retract motor bodies. Pictures coming soon.
Attachments
Here it is with HK $8 retracts installed. Made up my own nose wheel with aluminum steering arm.
Here it is with HK $8 retracts installed. Made up my own nose wheel with aluminum steering arm.
Bottom view with gear retracted
Bottom view with gear retracted
Bottom view with gear down.
Bottom view with gear down.
Low view side shot. Good forward rake to the front gear and put a little rearward angle on the mains.
Low view side shot. Good forward rake to the front gear and put a little rearward angle on the mains.
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Nice Ted!...
That's going to look great in the air with the retracts up...
Happy New Year btw! :ugeek:
Blip

Post by Blip »

Wow Ted, nice job on the retracts. Plane looks slick with them up.
D.M.L.
chistech

Post by chistech »

Gerry and I went to the field today and flew the Aircobra and my VQ Zero. Both have Saito 65's turning 13x6's and both have HK electric retracts. Man, the P39 really looks good now and really moves out with the gear up. The retracts worked perfect and this thing lands like a dream. Will have to move the nose wheel steering pushrod in on the servo wheel as I've got too much steering. Will do a 3' circle on the ground! :o What a nice day at the field today. Hard to believe it was Dec. 30th!
Ted Brito
chistech

Skyraider

Post by chistech »

Some of Gerry's magic! Getting closer to the finish line!More painting, decals, wing walks, panel lines, etc. Then it's putting the retracts, radio gear, engine, and fuel system. Gluing up the control surfaces and balancing. Maiden is on the horizon.
Attachments
Pilot "Ned"
Pilot "Ned"
Ned's instrument panel and ejection seat piston cover
Ned's instrument panel and ejection seat piston cover
exhaust stacks
exhaust stacks
Getting some color on the cowl
Getting some color on the cowl
gull grey on the top, white on the bottom and control surfaces
gull grey on the top, white on the bottom and control surfaces
top view