What's on your bench??

Discuss & share your glow-powered airplane projects here!
Neons
Site Admin

Re: What's on your bench??

Post by Neons »

Very Nice work Ted and Gerry,
She looks great. More new planes coming this year I guess. I like the colors. For me though vision is a problem as I am near sighted and have to go dark. But you should not have amy problems. I hope I am there to see it fly.
Bob Pacheco
chistech

Post by chistech »

Well, Ned flew 2 sorties the other day and after some motor issues I'm reporting that the Skyraider flies very well. The retracts worked well and the ailerons are very responsive needing only 1/4" of throw. The HK electric retracts with the home made rotating mechanisms also worked perfect and it looks great in the air with the gear tucked up. It needed down trim to fly level and the down trim caused the need for a lot of "up" stick infeed on landing. A quick mix of throttle to elevator solved the issue and makes it a easy lander. Only got some pictures on the stand, none flying, used my Black Berry.
Attachments
The "Michelle B" looking good in her colors.
The "Michelle B" looking good in her colors.
The old Enya 46a belonged to Walt Witkos and with a few parts I was able to find, flies again.
The old Enya 46a belonged to Walt Witkos and with a few parts I was able to find, flies again.
"Ned" in the cockpit
"Ned" in the cockpit
Ted Brito
chistech

Post by chistech »

Here is a old Andrew's A-Ray circa (1970's) that I've built recently. Powered w/Saito 45 and covered w/Super Coverite cloth. Currently still in the "white" and will get more colored patterns on the wings. It will be going on floats and be my fun flyer. Had one of these years ago. A super flyer and performer.
Attachments
The box top from the Kit.
The box top from the Kit.
The airframe mostly done up.
The airframe mostly done up.
Gone with a red/white/blue theme.
Gone with a red/white/blue theme.
Saito 45. This should really move out with all that torque.
Saito 45. This should really move out with all that torque.
Ted Brito
chistech

Post by chistech »

Some more done.
Attachments
Using a Magnum 30FS instead of the heavy Saito .45
Using a Magnum 30FS instead of the heavy Saito .45
Got a lot of RPM's out of the Magnum with a 10x4 prop. A lot better looking in the nose than the Saito too.
Got a lot of RPM's out of the Magnum with a 10x4 prop. A lot better looking in the nose than the Saito too.
Just a little color on the wing!
Just a little color on the wing!
Ted Brito
chistech

Post by chistech »

Old Jemco PT 19 Kit. My first foam wing build with many to come. OS 40 and all cloth covered. Needs paint on the cowl and decals. Started working on a Davey Ind. P47 designed by Nick Ziroli. Saito .65 FS, electric retracts and tailwheel. Full flaps. Just started back on it tonight. Will get total covering in aluminum Solartex.
Attachments
Used up the last of my blue Solartex left from the big Sig Cub Float plane.
Used up the last of my blue Solartex left from the big Sig Cub Float plane.
Some cockpit work needed along with some pilots.
Some cockpit work needed along with some pilots.
It's been sitting for a year and a half since I've been working on my Blazer
It's been sitting for a year and a half since I've been working on my Blazer
Didn't realize how much work I had already done. Shouldn't take too long to get it done too.
Didn't realize how much work I had already done. Shouldn't take too long to get it done too.
Ted Brito
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

That's a gorgeous PT-19 Ted!
Here's to a great maiden flight! :)
Ben Costa
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

That Ziroli P47 looks nice Ted! :)
chistech

Post by chistech »

PT 19 flies and looks great in the air. The wing of the P47 is all covered and the fuse is all sanded ready for covering. Because this kit is open bay type wing and it is more of a fun scale type aircraft it will be all covered with solartex with some painted details.
Attachments
IMG-20140427-00006.jpg
IMG-20140427-00008.jpg
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Niiiiice!... :)
chistech

Post by chistech »

Here is the Jug all done and painted. Everything is paint including the insignias, numbers, and the Gerry Dupont Radial engine. Most was painted by me and this is my second foray with the airbrush, the PT 19 being the first. Super flyer. Considering it was designed in 1968 it is amazing how well and easy it does fly. Flaps really make it nice on landings with a 7 1/4lb flying weight.
Attachments
IMG-20140729-00272.jpg
IMG-20140731-00275.jpg
IMG-20140729-00273.jpg
Ted Brito