New Bedford Airport Aviation Day - May 19th, 2012

These are annual flying events BCRCC sponsors/hosts...
chistech

New Bedford Airport Aviation Day - May 19th, 2012

Post by chistech »

CLICK THIS LINK (Photos and Videos) to see the latest 2012 New Bedford Airport Aviation Day pictures and video links.

Hello All,
We have been contacted by officials of the NB airport about our club having some sort of presence at the coming year's Airport Aviation Day on May 18th, 2012. This past Saturday there was a meeting which was attended by Gary Carreiro and Gary Barboza. Gary called me (as I screwed up and was supposed to be there) to give the the low down on what was discussed. At this time, things involving our club are just in the preliminary stages, but it will most likely include at least a static display and club table. There was a discussion of models being flown and the airport officials are looking into whether it can happen or not. I did receive some correspondence back from Andy Argenio of the AMA on this event. There is a possibility of a good showing of the AMA also but it will all depend on what the airport will allow us to do. We should have more information by next meeting on what we will be able and not able to do. As of right now it is most likely that the club will have at least some presence at the event, so for those who like to participate, mark your calendars. We will need volunteers to work this event and it will count towards a member's duty fee. To answer a question already asked, NO, bringing a plane for static display and then just walking around spectating will not be enough to qualify towards your duty fee. More info to follow as it becomes available.
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Re: New Bedford Airport Aviation Day

Post by tomapowa »

Ted,
I think the date is actually Saturday, May 19th, 2012

"6th Annual General Aviation Fun Day - May 19th 2012"
http://www.atlanticaviators.org/funday/
chistech

Post by chistech »

Yes, you're right. Hey, this time it's my turn to be wrong on the date. :lol:
Ted Brito
chistech

Post by chistech »

Latest update: There will only be a static display at the Airport Fun Day this year. There is a good chance that next year we will be able to fly but we need a good showing this year. Our display will be on the grass circle right in front of the main terminal. We will have a table with our club info plus a CD playing on a TV and a simulator on a laptop. I am still looking for more members to show off their models no matter what they are and what condition they are in. This will help people understand just what the hobby is actually about.
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Definitely hope to be there myself... Ted, actually another cool idea would be for members to bring in some work-in-progress type projects such as an unfinished wing or fuselage... such to show and display buidling techiniques and such... just an idea I saw another club do at a similar Air day down in Virginia. Some would be surprised to see that our models employ almost identical building techniques! ;)
chistech

Post by chistech »

HI Tom,
I agree 100%. I nice stick airframe would be great. I actually have a couple in the works that would work well.
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Excellent Ted... I would think some would marvel at the construction and such... shows what goes into building one of these... I'll try to gather that info for the three planes I plan to bring and email them to you this weekend. They (all large scale electrics) will include my 25% Yak, my Super Stearman Biplane (setup is a dog but well worth it), and also my 25% Patty Wagstaff Extra which is an eye-pleaser to say the least!. 8-)

Out of curiosity, what time did you propose us showing up at the airport for setup?
chistech

Post by chistech »

I would think we should start by 8:30 the latest.
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Ted,
Attached are the info sheets for the three airplanes I plan to bring...
Attachments
BCRCC-Model-Information-Sheet-Toms-Patty-Wagstaff-Extra.doc
(28 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
BCRCC-Model-Information-Sheet-Toms-Super-Stearman.doc
(26.5 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
BCRCC-Model-Information-Sheet-Toms-Yak-54.doc
(27.5 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
chistech

Post by chistech »

Hello All,
The club static display is looking like it's going to set up good. We have very good weather predicted with temps in the high 60's and light winds. Please remember to wear your club shirts if you are working the show.

Thanks
Ted Brito