http://www.bristolcountyrc.org/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/865604790489227/
admin
Site Admin

R.I.P. Airplane Pictures

Post by admin »

:o
How could I forget a forum for our deceased airplanes?

OK, I'll start off with one that happened about a month ago. I was flying with a bunch of other R/C folks from various MA/RI clubs at the Kingston RI, URI Balloon Festival last month and decided to take up my large electric E-Obsession pattern/3-D plane for the second time that day... a little windy but this sleek 84" wingspan ship cuts through fairly well. So, I'm flying and one time when making a turn, the wind picked up and threw me downwind further than I expected. When turning back, I dipped behind some trees but regained control only then to notice that flying the airplane was almost impossible... it seemed like I lost a full aileron (which I did)... but neverhteless I did not give up, called for an emergency landing and somehow flopped the plane towards the far end of the field. As I was running out to get it, I noticed the fuselage was cracked in half (dreaded weak spot just behind trailing edge of canopy) but upon further inspection, I saw I was missing about 1/3 of my right wing. I must had clipped a powerline, cable, tree of something. If it wasn't for the wing, it might had been repariable. This plane was my favorite actually... a "no-longer-manufactured" Goldberg Obsession 3-D (I renamed it E-Obsession seeing I Electrified it). This plane flew incredible pattern and decent 3-D, no knife-edge tucks what so-ever, and flew on rails!,... an awesome design in my book. I was ready though to see it go... I had a premonition actually early this year...I've had it for over 5 years now, probably over 200 flights on it. I also must have had 3-4 bad accidents in teh past with it (flutter and dead-sticks) but was always repairable amazingly. RIP buddy! :cry:
Attachments
obsession-died.jpg
URI  BALLOON and RC  MODEL  FESTIVAL  7-22-2012 011.jpg
Bob Pacheco
admin
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Airplane Pictures

Post by admin »

chistech wrote:Warts? I don't see any warts! Man, been there and done that too many times. Most the time these days it's because of some sort of failure (battery, switch, etc) but I do throw some of the pilot errors in there too. LOL
That's WATTS! Voltage times Amps... WATTS! :D lol... I would love to blame this on something mechanical/electrical but just can't... just got away from me for a sec.... that's all it takes. :x
Bob Pacheco