Cheerson CX-10 Micro Quad... unreal flyer!

Multi-Copter Projects - as if one spinning blade wasn't enough fun
tomapowa

Cheerson CX-10 Micro Quad... unreal flyer!

Post by tomapowa »

OK... I must say I love this little quad. This thing is an unbelievable flyer... makes me look like I know what I'm doing ;)

Sold here on Ebay for just under $20 delivered! :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221577419185

For $20 shipped from China... this thing is worth every penny!... includes a huge 100maH LiPo :shock: ;) ...and gets around 4-5 minutes of incredible flying time. The tiny LiPo battery is uncased in the quad frame so there is no way to change out the battery after flight but charge time is roughly 10-15 minutes so no worries. (plus I bought 2 so while one is charging, I'm flying the other... lol). The 4 propellers (yes, 2 CW, 1 CCW like other quads) are roughly 3/4" in length and can take a beating... all the ceiling/floor/wall bashing I've done the last few months, I've only broken one prop. Only downside I've encountered is that the controller is tiny (uses 2 AAA batteries) but has 2 trim levers plus tons of functions... normal two-stick quad operation, plus each stick presses in for functions like triple (3) rates (clicking left stick), and "FLIP" function by clicking right stick, and flips are the easiest I've seen on any quad. The charging cord simply plugs into the small charge jack on the quad, then you plug in the USB male end into your laptop or USB wallwart/cube (like those used for iphones, etc...5-6v). I've even purchased a $5 GoPro case for the quad and accessories... coolest gadget I've purchased in a while!!!
Attachments
$_57.jpg
IMG_5123.JPG
Last edited by tomapowa on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Cheerson CX-10 Micro Quad... unreal flyer!

Post by Neons »

I bought 1 for $16 less transmitter and I bought extra props as they flip off easy and can get lost. No transmitter. My bigger WlToy transmitter bound to it and works fine. So now I have 3 smaller copters in Nano,Micro, and and another a little bigger also. All are converted to Jst plugs. I made an adapter plug for the smallest Nano to charge on my regular charger also.
Bob Pacheco
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

Yeh, weird Bob... I read that on the RC forums .... and even tried binding them to my WLToys quad transmitters (I have 4 versions) and none seem to bind.... any special procedure? Maybe it has to be a WLToys heli Tx? (so I thought I read)
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

It came with a model 929,939,or V949 WlToys multi. Xmas 2013. The new WlToy multi I bought would not bind.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

I know i'm not a member here... at the moment, but I thought it important to add that the "on/off" switch is a bit fragile and likely the first thing that will break over time under even normal circumstances. Carlos, his son and I have been flying these for awhile now and out of 6 of them, 4 had a problem with the switch breaking right off. Rendering the $20 quad basically useless.

Just a heads up.

Other than that, I agree that these are so much fun to fly and VERY stable and forgiving in flight. :)

Alright, back under the bleachers I go. Sorry for the illegal post. ;)
Ben
Ben Costa