Planes for sale

Got something to sell? Post it here!
chistech

Planes for sale

Postby chistech » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 am

It looks like I might be purchasing the planes from that guy in Wareham. Here is what will be for sale first once I get them and go thru them. Give yourself an after Christmas present! :D

Sig 1/4 scale cub, on floats, with OS 120 Four stroke. The OS is a used, newly rebuilt engine with all new bearings and new ring. This should be a great combo. It will be complete with servos and need only a receiver. It will be getting a brand new cowl also. Get your float plane right here! Should go for just around $400 complete less receiver! Comes with land gear also.

Goldberg 80" Cub, OS 60 four stroke. This will be complete with servos and receiver ready. I might also have a set of floats for this also. I will look and see if they are the right size for this. This plane is done up with Solartex fabric painted olive drab with the stars and bars. Can be repainted. Excellently built and painted. Very nice. Currently on wheels. $225 without the floats. IF the floats are the right size, $250 (floats will require fitting by new owner)

Top Flight Corsair: Never flown with a Super Tigre 60 engine. Has servos but will need to be finished. I will work on this to get it receiver ready too. I will install muffler through cowl. This is a 4 channel plane with NO retracts. Retracts could be added, that's up to the new owner. $125

Again, these will be ready to go and fly but WILL require your balancing them. They will be in good, flyable condition some might require cosmetics to be perfect. How they are fixed up cosmetically is the new owner's choice.
Attachments
Plane collection 009.jpg
This is the corsair. In nice shape and should be a good flyer. Not heavy at all.
Plane collection 001.jpg
1/4 scale cub. finish is monocoat. needs some nose repair that I will do. Used OS 120 FS and new cowl will be installed. Pretty striking covering job.
Plane collection 011.jpg
Goldberg J3. Really nice plane. Should be an excellent flyer and looker.
Ted Brito

tomapowa

Re: Planes for sale

Postby tomapowa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 am

Nice stuff Ted! Would love to pick up that Cub but I just have way too many aircraft as it is... plus I just purchased a 101" wingspan Sukhoi Su-26 so my space is now certainly limited! ;) I'm sure that stuff will all sell...

chistech

Postby chistech » Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 am

I have sold a few planes, have one ready to go, and a few I am fixing up. The Army cub is for sale and is a great flying plane. It is ready to go with all servos and the OS61 FS runs great. I added flying wires to the stab to help make it more rigid like the real one had. There is no wing struts but it doesn't need them. I will be recovering the the Sig 1/4 cub fuse, adding a new cowl, struts, and a nice running OS 120 on isolation mounts. I have a nice pair of 1/4 scale floats with scale type pull/pull control wires for the water rudder. The floats are also a Sig kit covered with aluminum covering. This is a large nice plane. Should be ready to go by mid summer. Balsa USA Citabria Pro. This is a parasol type plane that should be an excellent flyer. Has some hanger rash that I started to fix and will fix with the appropriate monocoat. Will have a OS 90 FS in it. Sig Kadet Seniorita, 3 channel trainer. Needs some work on hanger rash but will be a nice first plane. covered in transparent red monocoat. Pretty cool. Will be 2 stroke powered with a OS 40 FP. Have a couple of electric powered sail planes. The two will go as a package as one wing is missing a panel. They should be great lazy flyers. One Cox .049 powered glider. Cleaned and ran the motor. Wing and fuse is in good shape and will just need your radio gear. Has the hook for a high start launch. A 60" span Seamaster. This one is a little rough as it will need a total recovering and a motor pod constructed. If anyone has some Seamaster plans please let me know so I can use them to make a new pod. Nice liberty sport kit with fuse already built. Goldberg 40 size float kit NIB. If anyone is interested in anything let me know. I'm selling things cheap and I'm test flying most before selling.
Ted Brito

Blip

Postby Blip » Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 am

Ted, I have Seamaster plans by Ken Willard that you can use. Let me know......Don.
D.M.L.

Neons

Postby Neons » Tue May 01, 2012 11:04 am

I use VunPlanDex. Over 10K plans listed and more daily up to or just over 1960.

SeaMaster Plans-
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt. ... 1279719015

2 more. Go to Page # and scroll down.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/r ... mit=Search

VinPlanDex Main source page. Use SEARCH and the plane or designer.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/list_all.asp

Example: Fred Tuxworth plans.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/r ... mit=Search

Many seaplanes plans on this page also.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ostnum=193
Bob Pacheco

chistech

Postby chistech » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 am

Some updates. The Army Cub is sold to Ed Goulart who has been really enjoying it on Mary's pond. With the OS 61 it maintains flight at about 1/3rd throttle. Super nice sounding plane in the air and Ed is flying it like a champ. Got the Sig 1/4 scale cub all put together today after picking it up from Gerry. He did another fantastic paint job on the cowl, struts, float struts, and tail plane wires matching the blue real close. Balanced it all out and charging tonight to fly it tomorrow. The bad news is it looks so good it might not be for sale now! I might put my H9 1/4 super cub up for sale instead. I'll let everyone know what I'm doing soon. :lol: Have done some work on the Balsa USA Citabria Pro and will have that ready hopefully by the end of the year w/OS 90 FS. Also have a RCM Funster just like the one Herb Andrade donated. It is a 5 channel plane also with a Royal 61 two stroke. Will be a good cheap low wing plane for some one to cut their teeth on. Will keep you all posted.
Attachments
Plane collection for sale 093.jpg
Plane collection for sale 099.jpg
Plane collection for sale 091.jpg
Ted Brito

chistech

Postby chistech » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 am

The Blue Sig Cub is not for sale. I've flown it a couple days now and it's just too good of a flyer and looker. Super nice. I will be putting up the super cub for sale if anyone is interested.
Attachments
New Years Day Float Flying 2012 016.jpg
Ted Brito

chistech

Postby chistech » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 am

Update on planes for sale. As usual, these planes will go cheap to anyone interested. Come look and make an offer. Pictures to come.

Sold: Goldberg Army cub, Sig Cub 1/4, Sig Senorita, Ace Seamaster, Corsair w/ST.75, Goldberg float kit

1. Balsa USA 1/4 Citabria pro: OS 90 FS, all servos, hanger rash repaired, looks good and should be a nice sunday flyer. Maiden today (will report back later on flight) Spare bare bones fuse with primed cowl and wheel pants very nicely built. (buy a wing kit and tail plane kit from Balsa USA and make a second airframe)
Flown today and flies well, sold to Gary Carriero
2. Das Ugly Boat: Walt Witkos' large and ugly (covering) float plane, this has a ASP 1.08 on it and is complete with radio and servos. Is actually a good looking plane that needs some tender loving care. Will be maiden soon. (will report on flight) I might be giving this one away at the JN Float Fly, make sure you attend!
Jeff Saladino was the recipient of the super nice running and flying boat. It was offered for free at the float fly complete with radio.
3. H9 Super cub: seen above, ready to fly, has land gear. Floats are serviceable but need replacement. Perfect for drop on H9 1/4 scale floats. Saito 150 FS w/pitts muffler and flaps Flies really well and still for sale.
4. High wing trainer w/floats, OS 40 SR two stroke, runs and flies great, little ugly with un-matching wing but has flaps too. Really easy to fly off the water.
This plane flies really well and is still for sale. Pictures to come.
5. Lanier Stinger 120: Another Walt Witkos plane. Has a huge gas engine that runs great and has a TON of power. I was told engine is 5hp and it turns a 22x10 prop. Was used as a glider tug and has a remote release on it. Also has optic ignition cut off. High power servos, batteries, ready to fly minus receiver. It is also ugly and should be cleaned up. Have extras like canopies, landing gear, and cowls.
6. Two meter powered sail planes: have a pair that can be fixed to have two or use one for parts. Have old can motors in them now but are screaming for new out runner motor and lipo batteries.
Ted Brito

Return to “Items For Sale !”