July 13, 2020 -Random flying Dusk into dark at SMU College Tripp Field Dartmouth

Post your Photos & Videos here!
Neons
Site Admin

July 13, 2020 -Random flying Dusk into dark at SMU College Tripp Field Dartmouth

Post by Neons »

This was ur first evening into dark flight. The College ( SMU old name) Dartmouth is so quiet with the Cov 19 ongoing. No ball practice or people except an occaisional jogger. I broke out my lighted Pop wing with about 300 leds and my old GWS Stick with another 300 lights. Gary brought his Bush Cub and a wing also. Everything went well with us getting everything going again. Just minor troubles and trimming and we got in some great flights. Did not take long for the campus polixe to find us to see what those lights were up in the sky. We normally do this on a call basis by messaging or email on a last minute basis. We go about 7 or 8pm and get a couple regular flights and then after the sun sets to dark we hit the air with the well lit planes.
Contact me or gary if interested in an occaisional evening flight at a last minute call meeeting to fly. We usually are donr about 9:30Pm while the sun sets late. In a mont or more the sun starts earlier settings so the after supper Nite Fly is shorter.
Video past years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQcGVXDW7Y&t=12s
Attachments
7-13-2020 SMU Evening Light Fly (3).jpg
Bob Pacheco
jerryn
Site Admin

Re: July 13, 2020 -Random flying Dusk into dark at SMU College Tripp Field Dartmouth

Post by jerryn »

I checked out the video. Really Cool. @ 2007 I built a small carbon fiber quad with led lights.. white in the front, green around the rest. I am going to check to see if it still flies.