Greenfield NH Float Fly

General discussions, questions, etc...
chistech

Greenfield NH Float Fly

Post by chistech »

Hello All,
Last year I attended this float fly with my wife and Addison Singleton. This is a real nice two day event held on a nice pond in the Greenfield State Forest. The forest has a real nice campground where participants of the float fly can camp for the event. It has very nice wooded sites with nice bathrooms. There is no water or electric at the sites but there is water centrally located throughout the campsites. The reason I'm posting this is Michelle thought it was a real nice place and event for more of us to attend. We had a really fun time not only flying but camping also. Because it is at the end of the season we had a section all to ourselves and could make any amount of noise and have fires late into the night. Michelle thought we might start making plans now for next year for a group of us who might like to take a weekend with our families and friends to enjoy the camaraderie plus some good float flying. Generators are allowed and I also have one people could plug into to power up their site. This float fly is in September and I will get date for any who are interested. Come and have a good time with us and fly a little or a lot. By the way, camping at the State Forest is cheap. Takes a little over 2 hrs from Dartmouth to get there.
Ted Brito
chistech

Re: Greenfield NH Float Fly

Post by chistech »

Sorry Tom,
Just saw this. Yes, just a state forest with a nice pond so only float flying. Those are fiberglass floats that some say are heavy but I've heard good things about their performance. There is no such thing as cheap floats if they are ready to be mounted unless you get some used ones. Might have a set or two coming soon. I'll keep you posted.

Ted
Ted Brito
tomapowa

Re: Greenfield NH Float Fly

Post by tomapowa »

Hi Ted,
Actually, they finally arrived a few weeks back... VERY light... made of foam actually and hollow inside (you have to seal them better since some users found them to leak a little and let water in... even came with a steering servo and all... well worth the $30 or so I paid). The cheapest fiberglass ones I've seen were still in the $80-100 range. These will be going on my Great Planes U-Can-Do 46 size plane... Being new to this flying experience, you guys will have to teach me the "do's and don'ts" of Float Flying... no inverted tail touches I presume... ;)