Lindberg Plastic Tugboat Kit- Despatch No 9.- Micro RC-Novel

(They do sell some that actually fly too!)
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Lindberg Plastic Tugboat Kit- Despatch No 9 - Micro RC-Novel

Post by Neons »

Group of photos as of July 10, 2019
Here is where I am at in the finish of the vessel. I have added numerous detail items that are relative to tugboat work. I am debating whether I should install a radar antenna. Remember post war vessel. Maybe we could buy a government surplus radar. Got to do some research here. There was direction finders, compass, and AM radios. There was plenty of life rafts available. The International Navigation lighting and towing system rules came later in 1960 and again in 1972 revisions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have added more than what would come with this kit to give it a good working appearance as a model. Here are some things I included.
The bow hull names,stern board name, revised tow and stern lights, mast stays,working stern,bow on hooks and lashed, tow alongside straps, rope hauser on deck in addition to the wire hauser,stern hauser rub rail,water tank vents, fuel vents, rope fenders, real bow fender, Stern bump fender, and even a garbage can. Her are some pictures from all angles.
-10-2019 Near Finish (8).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (10).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (6).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (2).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (5).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (4).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (7).jpg
-10-2019 Near Finish (19).jpg
Bob Pacheco
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Lindberg Plastic Tugboat Kit- Despatch No 9.- Micro RC-Novel

Post by Neons »

I came across a 1949 Model Shipways plan of the Tugboat Standard Oil Co. Despatch No 9 in a forum. I cleaned it up and made a new plan for a 32 inch model. There could be some minor discrepancies in building the model. I do not know that. This is worked out from pictures of the plan and instructions. It would not bother a scratch builder. A model this size would have lots of room for all kinds of extras. Of course I use a program to enlarge any plan for land, air, or sea.. I recommend it to all scratch builders out there. Have a look at it. Been around since 2005. Here is how. If you are a draftsman you can copy a plan to a drafting format .dwg and upload it. Or it uses many formats, .bmp, .tiff, .gif, .jpg .png just for starters. There is a Raster ruler in there to click on. Tap it and draw a baseline for instance from the bow to the stern. Click it and a rough measure pops up. I typed in 32.00 inches for the boat length. Every part measure is all corresponding. Then I hit the grid overlay and went into the Printer preview. It showed I will use 28 pages of letter size paper to print the plan out into a Tile Printout. I then saved my plan to my computer. Each page has a piece of the plan in tiles. There is an page overlap to tape or glue stick it all together before permanent waterbase glue or tape each page.
IsiPlot is only around 10Euros or around $10+ US dollars by Paypal. The download and registration is in the left column.
https://www.profili2.com/ip_eng/default.asp
Now if you have this program you can custom make the tugboat size to any custom size you may want. Even your aircraft too.

The Zip files below will give you the HULL and a separate Lines plan download for the 32" model.
Attachments
Tug Standard Oil - Despatch 9 -  ca1946 32inch (0).jpg
TU6CA2~1.JPG
TU7700~1.JPG
TU4DB7~1.JPG
TUGSTA~1.ZIP
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
TUGSTA~1.ZIP
(374.32 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Bob Pacheco