Show us your multi-rotors!!

Multi-Copter Projects - as if one spinning blade wasn't enough fun
HitNRun

Re: Show us your multi-rotors!!

Post by HitNRun »

Oh yes, the KK2 boards have plenty of room for making adjustments. I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around it all. It's a little complicated until you finally get the hang of how each setting effects the way it flies.

They have settings for the "self-level" (accelerometers).. and the "P.I.Editor" has P gains/limits and I gains for each of the 3 axis.
Also has a mixer editor so you can pretty much mix up any combination up to 8 channels/motors.
Ben Costa
tomapowa

Post by tomapowa »

HitNRun wrote:Oh yes, the KK2 boards have plenty of room for making adjustments. I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around it all. It's a little complicated until you finally get the hang of how each setting effects the way it flies.

They have settings for the "self-level" (accelerometers).. and the "P.I.Editor" has P gains/limits and I gains for each of the 3 axis.
Also has a mixer editor so you can pretty much mix up any combination up to 8 channels/motors.
Ben,
Not sure if you came by these already but these are some pretty good tutorials for Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) tuning... explains what the PIDs do and how to adjust them:

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=PID

http://www.multiwii.com/faq#How_to_trim ... 7_and_more

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 082X13.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_contro ... of_methods
Last edited by tomapowa on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Nice!
Thanks Tom!! :D

This will save me a lot of headaches, hahahahaha! :P
Ben Costa
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

A couple of pictures of Carlos's sons quad after putting in some LED lights. :D
Attachments
1617206_463661500432456_922934922_o.jpg
1977204_463661353765804_1109043386_n.jpg
Ben Costa
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Night flying, anyone? ;)
Ben Costa
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

A short video clip of everyone flying at Sippican yesterday. 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Js9KrcOOTs
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Not bad film. A note on the ESC setups. Use only 1 signal wire from the 4 ESC's on the quad. It prevents ESC confusions. Tape the 3 other red signals back on the lead. No need to cut them. Maybe if you had not done that it will stop the instability you had on Carlos quad.
Bob Pacheco
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Actually, I tore it completely apart and rebuilt it from the ground, up.
Triple checked everything possible, and now it's flying fairly well!! :D

At this point, it's just some minor PID tuning to calm it down and keep it docile for Carlos.I hope it lasts longer than his sons quad did when he flew it at Sippican this past Saturday. :lol: ;)

Note: I had already used single servo wires (all except one, to power the board).
This guy's done his homework. ;) lol

But I also admit... I still have soooo much more to learn.
I just need a good teacher. :)

And I think "FPV Night" is the perfect excuse for me and Carlos to sucker you and Tom into that, hahahahahaha! :lol:
Last edited by HitNRun on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Costa
HitNRun

Post by HitNRun »

Neons wrote:Not bad film.
Don't sugarcoat it... that video was noisy and bouncy, hahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But in my defense, it's only the 4th or 5th time i've gotten to take any video... EVER.

Plus I have the V959 with the camera bug problem, so 8 out of 10 times, it either doesn't work at all, or it glitches at some point during the video and then the picture freezes and/or the sound turns into this horrid buzzing sound... (even worse than the noise that the motors ALREADY make, lol)

I'm going to grab an 808 #16 keychain cam in the near future for better quality video.. and work on my "steadiness" while filming.
(I now wish I had gotten the V222 version with accelerometers)
I wasn't really "trying" to make a quality video anyhow. I figured all the video attempts would be a failure due to the camera bug.

Banggood.com is sending me an entire replacement V959 RTF unit for free because I complained about the camera issue.
I'm giving it to Carlos since his son accidentally "lost" his V959 into the trees somewhere, lol. :D
Ben Costa
Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

If the Multi Night holds on March 12th Wed. I will go there. Tom knows more than I do as I only got in flying over 1 year. I am thinking yet about a purchase of a APM MultiWii board .

Here is a good deal on a Naza M V2.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LatestDJ ... 2397&vd=30

But I need a newer Transmitter plus the board. So at the cost of the Naza , I can buy a Turnigy 9x transmitter amd a APM board. But Naza is tempting me.

I have 2 KeyCams. One is the 808 V16. Get it from the original dealor in China listed in the 808 V16 RC Groups thread. There are others that claim they have it but are fake clones. Watch out. Or pay a little more and just get the Mobious camer which is a better version. The A lense is near standard. I found the A lense shows a little more vibrations. too in my multis. If you use the 808 V-16 to do FPV go with the D lense for a wider view while flying. The B lense has vignetting in the center. A no go.
Bob Pacheco