Started a new balsa project today. Expect to be glow

Discuss & share your glow-powered airplane projects here!
RILurky

Started a new balsa project today. Expect to be glow

Post by RILurky »

My father-in-law bought, and never touched, an AeroStar trainer kit. Started assembly today under the mentorship of Jerry D. Looking forward to the project. I'll get some pics posted soon.
John Sawyer
Novice Flyer
Neons
Site Admin

Re: Started a new balsa project today. Expect to be glow

Post by Neons »

J.
See you did make it onto the website. today. I will be watching your progress as you build your aircraft. Starting out will be a challenge. If you can find a good RC simulator for a computer and do some practice daily it will help you immensely. Many show up on RC groups. I did get your mail about indoor flight. We did do an indoor flight tonight in a school gym in Marion from 6-8:30 Pm. It is tight in there. Not to easy for a entry level.

There will be one in Millis, MA off Rt495 near Hudson on Jan 18th 6-9:30Pm. More info coming. It would be best to be an observer first to determine capabilities first. That is a bigger place indoors. I usually go with Gary C. I do not know how he feels about commuting as a group due to space though. We bring a lot of planes if we can. We have notified members at meetings in the past and never saw anyone go there except Carlos. I think it was forgotten to mention at this past meeting.
B.
Bob Pacheco