A Great Success - Bristol County R/C Club John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly at Mary's Pond !!

These are annual flying events BCRCC sponsors/hosts...
Neons
Site Admin

A Great Success - Bristol County R/C Club John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly at Mary's Pond !!

Post by Neons »

It happened August 20th 2021

Hello Everyone,

I would like to personally thank all of the members who were involved with Saturdays successful Float Fly. The club drew more than 35 members, non-members (guests) and potential future members to Mary's Pond. I would like to acknowledge the efforts of Gerry & Nancy Dupont for coordinating the event and organizing all its duties that made it a success and Carlos Costa who coordinated the food for the event. I would like to also thank Ruth Nicolaci for her presence at the float fly. We definitely did luck out with some outstanding weather and fabulous model demonstrations. It is great that we are able to continue this event and keep John's memory alive through the use of this facility.

Thanks,
Gary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a letter to all the club members that gave their all to make it a success:

Thanks for your kind words, Pres. Gary! Gerry and I could never have pulled off this event without the assistance of many of our members. We’d like to thank Dan Cronan, Ned Watts, Joe Martinez and Gary Hoyt for helping with the initial set up; Gary H again for helping with the mowing..twice!; Dana and Gary H again for being our Retrieval Team; Also Ned Watts for providing the oars and oar locks!!; Carlos had help from Will LaSalle, Mike Cusack (for the use of his truck) and Pres Gary a/k/a “Chef Gary” with the food prep for our hungry guests; Jeff Carpenter and Joe Martinez for assisting Gerry with safety regulations and flight instructions. And last but not least, thanks Ruth Nicolaci for help me with the caution tape and stakes as well as her oversight and officiating at this event in memory of her husband John who secured our use of Mary’s Pond.

Thanks to all and my apologies to anyone that I may have inadvertently omitted!

Nancy Dupont -Treasurer & Secretary
Bob Pacheco
NanWD

Re: A Great Success - Bristol County R/C Club John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly at Mary's Pond !!

Post by NanWD »

Whoops....we forgot to thank Jerry Normandin and Joe Marinez for shooting videos.. Thanks Jerry and Joe!!!
jerryn
Site Admin

Re: A Great Success - Bristol County R/C Club John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly at Mary's Pond !!

Post by jerryn »

Here's a video of the event. It was shot from a GoPro Baseball Cap cam so I can fly and shoot video at the same time :)

Neons
Site Admin

Post by Neons »

Very good Jerry. Nice to see you got it posted in here. Thanks also for the help on the website.
Bob Pacheco