4th Annual John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly - Sept 7th, 2013

These are annual flying events BCRCC sponsors/hosts...
tomapowa

4th Annual John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly - Sept 7th, 2013

Post by tomapowa »

4th Annual John Nicolaci
Memorial Float Fly!
When: Saturday, Sept. 7th, 2013
(Sept. 8th Raindate)
Time: 10am? - Sunset
Where: Mary's Pond
(Wareham, MA)

Hosted by: Bristol Country R/C Club and Wingbusters MAC
Neons
Site Admin

Re: 5th Annual John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly - Sept 7th,

Post by Neons »

Chris Ferriera sent me these pictures he had stored in his website from the Event.

If anyone is interested, I posted the pictures I took from the event:
http://jnfloatfly.cferreira.com/
Chris
Bob Pacheco
Neons
Site Admin

Re: 5th Annual John Nicolaci Memorial Float Fly - Sept 7th,

Post by Neons »

Here is copy of a report that I received by E-mail from Ted Brito
From: Edward Brito [mailto:tedthercbuilder@rocketmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:43 PM
To: Bob Pacheco;
Subject: John Nicolaci Float Fly

Hello All,

Well, another float fly is under our belt. The weather was warm and sunny but the wind was a little high making taxing back in a little dangerous! I should know as my first three attempts with 3 different planes ended up with flipped aircraft. All in all though the day was a great success with 20 registered pilots from around the area. Most got a fair amount of air time with a few abstaining due to the wind conditions. I believe the "marathon" pilot award of the day had to go to Dan Cronan who flew the covering off his plane!

There were many firsts this year. We had the Wingbusters MAC as a co-sponsor. Cecil Horton and Bob Mandeville really helped make the day. We had a silent auction which proved to be a great addition to the day and to both club's coffers. We also held a 50/50 raffle which sold almost $300 worth of tickets. The winner was Cecil and he graciously donated $80 from his winnings back to our club. Thank you Cecil.

We again had morning refreshments supplied by Ruth Nicolaci. The pastries and coffee were delicious and there ended up only being about 6 danish left! Dave Gonzales came with the canteen truck around 12:45 offering their usual fair with a sandwich, drink, chips, fruit, and a dessert for just $5. I had overheard many people comment they couldn't believe how good the food was and how affordable it was. Dave told me he had people willing pay more than asked for some items. Thanks to these people who donated extra to help out the church's cause.

This year had to be one of the smoothest events I had the pleasure of coordinating. From the start of the day to the finish, from the people who helped out to the pilots who participated. I would like to thank everyone who worked the event, Gary Barboza, Gary Carreiro, Gerry DuPont, Jeff Rebello, Jeff Saladino, Chris Ferreira, Dennis Henriques, Mike Medeiros, Ed Goulart, Don Lamothe, Ruth Nicolaci, David Gonzales, Jon Bier, Bruce Gadomski, Cecil Horton, Bob Mandenville, and especially my wife, Michelle who worked tirelessly all day. Thanks to all the pilots who participated and managed to fly all day despite the wind. It's because of your support and attendance this event is a success.

I look forward to the 6th Annual John Nicolaci Float Fly!

Ted
Bob Pacheco